For the school year 2007-2008. European Schoolnet will run a school competition on behalf of the Museum of Europe. The competition name is "50 Years Together in Diversity" and is intended to enhance and support European citizenship education in schools. in the year when the European Union celebrates its 50th anniversary.
The competition is designed for students from 14 to 18 (20) years of age. which are based in the 27 EU Member States. The participants are expected to submit entries which will consist of two parts:
- an essay. in either EN. FR or DE. answering a question
- a visual composition (multimedia format. in the students mother tongue).
The participating students must be organised in teams of 10 to 20 members and led by two coordinating teachers. One winning team and its coordinating teachers from each of the 27 countries will be invited to Brussels to visit the Museum of Europe in March 2008.
European Schoolnet would like to set up group of 27 teachers to cover the 27 Member States of the European Union. Therefore we invite teachers to apply to become members of this group. The potential candidates should ideally meet the following criteria:
- teach in a EU Member State (in a lower or upper secondary school. since the competition audience are students 14 to 18 (20) years of age)
- be able to communicate in English (working language)
- have basic skills to browse and use the Web
- have experience in European projects.
The project is expected to start in September 2007 and come to an end in June 2008.
The selected teachers are expected to perform the following tasks:
- act as national disseminator of information about the project
- encourage schools from their countries to participate to the competition
- moderate the competition entries
- evaluate and deliver a short list of the best 10 entries from their own country.
The selected teachers won't be eligible to take part in the competition with their own classes. since they will be in charge of the evaluation activity of all the entries to the competition. from their countries.
An amount of 500 euro will be granted to each teacher. after completing his/her tasks successfully.
All teachers interested to apply are invited to send their CVs to: Petru.Dumitru[_@_]eun.org
Deadline: 2 September 2007